Several of the larger internet sites have an annual April Fool’s Day gag. Here’s a roundup of some of them:
- Virgin and Google team up to present Virgle: the plan to colonize Mars.
- GMail presents Custom Time: the ability to pre-date your email.
- Wikipedia’s Article of the Day focuses on the amazing life of Ima Hogg.
- YouTube is rickrolling itself under Featured Videos.
- CollegeHumor.com has been bought as a sweet eighteen gift for a spoiled brat.
- Improv Everywhere spent a fortune redesigning their site.
- Nestle has renamed the Butterfinger as The Finger.
A nearly-exhaustive list can be found at Wikipedia.